We put California behind us today. I wished I had a camera handy as we were coming into Oregon. The view was spectacular. We were above some low clouds that were pierced by trees. Looked like white cotton candy.
We met old PD friends in Grants Pass for lunch. Perry and Shawna picked us up at Walmart, so we didn't have to find MH parking at the restaurant. Great taxi service... We met Frank and Jo and had a nice time visiting with lunch. Frank was my EMT instructor when I was in the academy...just a few (35) years ago.
We are now in Eugene, OR. Very happy that the wifi seems to be doing well. This park has some pretty and some not so pretty parts. The train runs all night; it is "active" we are told. The train itself isn't that noisy, but the whistle comes right through the walls. The park isn't far from the bike path system though, and that was a major draw. We will be riding to Bike Friday tomorrow. I took a little walk around the grounds and took some pictures to share. Lots of baby ducks...
![]() |
| Willamette River |






No comments:
Post a Comment