Good News, David solved the mystery of the water under the sink. It leaks no more! We got a bit slower start than our fellow campers. The place was almost empty before we left, maybe because we didn't leave until almost noon.
David did some maintenance on the batteries and put air in the tires. We had to pay over $5 for a bottle of distilled water. Wonder if when we get to Alaska, things will be even higher? We are enjoying the cheaper tax in the Yukon (only 5% vs a 2nd tax BC adds for a 12% add).
We lost a screw for the ladder, but we were unsuccessful finding a 1" #10 sheet metal screw in town. We had a nice walk to the hardware store though. Along the way we saw stacks of these large white "bags" in the public works yard. Nearby was a recycling yard, recycling the white bags. We are guessing the ones in the public works yard held salt, a lot of salt.
 |
| Interesting feature on the fuel pump. |
We decided it would be cutting the fuel to close to go into Whitehorse on this tank, just in case we need to boondock a night. The generator we recently learned shuts off if we hit 1/4 tank (25 gal). I was trying to just get fuel in the larger cities, but $1.399/liter wasn't to bad. Talking to some other "campers" this morning I found out we could get a couple cents a liter knocked off by telling them where we camped. And it worked, we saved $4.00 !!!
So the trek continues. Love having my bathroom with me. Stop for scenery or just find a place to stop, if need be. So much better than looking/waiting for a loo.
We hardly got out of town when we had to wait a bit at this bridge. After hearing of the bridge on the I-5 falling (that we were on less than two weeks ago), this one didn't breed confidence. They only allow one "commercial" vehicle on it at a time. Take a look at the van coming toward us. It isn't near as wide as we are. Going through construction zones with cones on the side are no big deal. The instead of soft cones, this narrow lane was bordered with hard chunks of steel. Thank goodness both bridge and mh survived without incident.
So much more enjoyable to just have open road in front of us.
 |
| David studying the signs at the Continental Divide. |
 |
| The bad spots in the parking surface are pretty common. |
 |
| Nisutlin Bay Bridge. Right next to our RV park. We can hear the vehicle go over the bridge. The tires sing on the metal "road surface". |
 |
| Info on the bridge |
 |
| Just part of the view we see from our living quarters. |
 |
| We are parked backwards in the pull thru spot, cause why look at a building when we can see this beautiful lake. David had to run the electric & water under the mh to reach the attachment points on the right side. It is a nice location except we are so close to the bridge we can hear each car go over on the metal road surface. The other problem is they only have internet in the restaurant. I went in to "work" and was trying to send something to one of our credit card companies that wanted a call when the Internet went down. It must have been 20 minutes to get it back on line. I was wondering if there was some not so subtle hint being sent to leave. |
 |
| Nisutlin Bay (taken about 9 pm during our walk) |
 |
| Museum was very nice. Inside the complex where the RV park is. |
 |
| Girl Scout cookies by another name: Girl Guides |
 |
| Sorry girls, we aren't bringing this bear home. |
I hope this post comes out ok. All the pictures are blurry where the originals are fine. It may have to wait until we are someplace else to fix. I need to go back to the restaurant. I'll bring a rag to clean off the outside tables so I don't need to go in. The road coming into town is all gravel, just like their parking lot. Everything is covered with dust, including their tables. I went inside initially because I didn't want the computer to be full of dust too. Hopefully this upload will be quick.
We have about three more nights before we need to reroute ourselves if the highway through Dawson City isn't open. We got some good news yesterday at the visitor center, saying the ferry was being put in the water. But no one knew how long the grading would take before the road was passable. Hopefully when we get to Whitehorse tomorrow, they'll have good news for us.
I finished this, but went for a walk about 10:45 pm and snapped a few more pictures.
 |
| Driving surface of the bridge. |
 |
| Looking west (maybe s/w) from the bridge. |
And so ends our stay at mile post 804.
3 comments:
Hi. Have you considers using Skype (audio only or audio video) for phone calls when you have wifi? It's a free app for your phone, and I bet it's a lot cheaper to use it to all phone numbers.
Piper likes the cookies and the bear and the reindeer (moose).
"I love you grandma and grandpa" love Addisyn and Piper
hrtwxzyuuuuuuuuuuuullllllllllffffffffsssssffffffjjjjjjjjjjjjjjmmmmmmmmmmmmn --Piper
I love grandma Joyce and papa Dave. Love, Addisyn
Post a Comment