Tuesday, May 7, 2013

May 8 - 241 miles & first fuel stop

We had a relaxing morning up until we got underway, and David asked me which freeway we were taking.  Not the kind of question a driver wants to hear the navigator asking at that point.  Thank goodness for the GPS mom bought us.   I have no idea if it was a direct route, but we made it to Yreka.  Made one stop in Red Bluff for fuel.  It was less there than Yreka, and I was getting uncomfortable with less than half a tank full...just in case of bad traffic or anything else that might take extra fuel.   Gauge was reading about 1/4 full then, and we picked up 74.4 gallons. We are ready for anything now...

We had light rain as we left the campground, which stayed with us for most of the morning.  It cleared up and we had some wind in the afternoon, but nothing severe.  We stopped in Yreka to break up the drive and keep things at a relaxed pace.  We'll make a visiting stop in Grants Pass tomorrow, but our destination will be Eugene, OR for a few days.


 This is a very nice park with beautiful views.  The only disadvantage is a problem with their wifi system.  They let me use their rec room (normally locked at 6 pm) tonight.  But I'd rather have dinner and work on this as convenient. 

 I washed the windshield and cleaned some of the muck off the motorcycle today when we got here, visited with some other campers, then went in to get my computer to head to the office; when suddenly we started getting hit with such large rain drops, it sounded like hail.  A fierce storm hit driving the rain almost sideways from front to back of the MH.  It continued for about 15 minutes, and it was so amazing we could nothing but just watch it.  Nature can display some incredible ferocity.  I was so glad we were not on the road.  That was the kind of storm that dumps so much water so fast it doesn't drain off the highway, and of course makes it hard to see.  So God was watching over us again.  We are cozy and dry.

We've been traveling about 830 miles in 8 days, and today was the first stop for fuel...love this large fuel tank.  I've listened to two audio books (thanks Janet & Gerry for the audio library).  This is a great way to travel. 








1 comment:

Karen R said...

I need a "like" button like on facebook. Enjoyed our quick phone call today too.