Thursday, May 16, 2013

May 12 - What's a Little Rain?

Happy Mother's Day!

I miss my kids, so it was nice talking to Mom, Karen & Marcy and getting pictures & text's from Stacy and her big kids today.

Woke up to a rainy morning.  But it cleared up around 1030.  I had the bike dried off to make it to Church, but made the mistake of making a “quick” call to Verizon.  Just wanted to get the phone service in Canada cleared up.  That call took over 30 minutes.  Found the only thing adding Canada to my plan did would allow me to call Canada from the USA.  While we are in Canada, calls to and from my phone are still 69 cents per minute. 

We missed the morning Masses, so had to be back here in
to make the 5:30 evening “youth” Mass.  All of which cut into the time we had planned for a bicycle ride.  We decided instead to take a motorcycle ride into Seattle.  I have wanted to see the Space Needle since we lived in Spokane.

We found the tourist area:

first view of space needle

Congestion at base of space needle.
There it was…and very impressive from a distance.  This is an impressive structure, but it isn't all that well situated (i.e. junky neighborhood)



Part of the claustrophobic feeling driving downtown Seattle is the train tracks.  On a motorcycle traffic seemed to close you in.  I can't imagine driving the mh down these streets.
David stopped to check his map, so I got off to take a picture.  We got started again & I noticed he was going up a hill, the wrong way on a one way street.  The street was on a strange angle and not well signed (see one way sign on pole below).

At least the motorcycle could make a U-turn in that block. 


Apt complex where Graham lives (unknown which building)

Stopped in another illegal parking space while I took pictures.

A neat tunnel.

Seattle freeways come in layers.

It is nice seeing the water out to our left.

And then there is the water out to the right.

A good time to check oil and coolant when the motorcycle was down.


The bike parking was in front of the MH in this park.

The Church we attended this evening was close by and very unique.  The altar is in the middle of the room.   The priest had an excellent voice, as did the lead singer in the contemporary group.   Good way to wrap up the day.




Posted when Wifi available...

No comments: