It was a beautiful day and pretty easy drive until we were near
the state capital. Congestion reigned
from them into Tacoma, and we had heavy traffic up through Bothell. It really helped having extra eyes. David helped
me watch for signs and turn-offs.
Our first Washington stop was in Tacoma. There was a Performance Bike shop (with
a sale on bike tubes) near a Costco, so we felt comfortable we could find a
place to park. I’ve been in lots
of Performance Bike shops, but never one with such a friendly staff. Kudo’s to Joe, and the other staff.
![]() |
| Parked at the Tacoma Costco |
There are no RV parks close in to Seattle that we found, so we went north of the city. We get out to this beautiful RV park in Bothell only to find
it has very limited wifi. [note to
self: scratch this place off the
return stay list}
![]() |
| View from RV window at Lake Pleasant RV Park |
![]() |
| We've been out almost two weeks and this is the first day the motorcycle is used. |
I didn’t have much time to be upset as we had to get the
motorcycle down for our trip into Bellevue. It took a little cleaning to be rideable. Fortunately I had researched how to get
to Bellevue and to a couple churches on Sunday already. Or the lack of Internet would be even more upsetting. I have the data function on my phone, but little screens are sometimes only little useful for searches.
I was surprised Bellevue was such a big city. The Ballet Bellevue put on a
production called Spring Fancy in the Theatre at Meydenbauer Center.
Neither one of us have ever been to a ballet before, but
this one had a special draw.
They did not allow any photography during the show, so I
snuck a quick one of the stage.
Graham said he was standing right behind the curtain, so it
was almost like getting a picture of him on stage. He didn’t get top billing in the program, but he was the
best dancer. Well, maybe he was
the only one I really watched.
After the performance, while we waited around for our STAR
to come out, a very attractive young woman approached and asked if I was
Joyce. She said Graham told her to
look for a woman with his dad’s eyes.
Now that was a description I’d never heard before.
Mary Slate was very nice, and we liked her a lot. The four of us went to dinner after the show, so we had more visiting time. Mom will be happy to hear that when they marry next year, Mary Slate is taking Graham’s name. They were both interested in other Gobeille’s in the family.
Mary Slate was very nice, and we liked her a lot. The four of us went to dinner after the show, so we had more visiting time. Mom will be happy to hear that when they marry next year, Mary Slate is taking Graham’s name. They were both interested in other Gobeille’s in the family.
Graham steered us to a Thai restaurant. He has a more adventurous palate than I
do. I followed his suggestion on
what to order. I was hungry, which
does help overcome squeamishness.
I asked them to leave out the calamari, but it still contained some
mystery substance here or there.
Graham told them to make it mild.
Don’t think I’ve ever eaten somewhere where you specified how spicy you
want your food before. That
was enough adventure for me… But
it was a good dinner and the company was even better. We look forward to spending more time with them in July.





No comments:
Post a Comment