Tuesday, July 16, 2013

July 13-16 - to Washington Arlington/Seattle

We were excited to return to the USA on Saturday, July 13th.  We spent Friday night in Clinton, BC.  Had some trouble with the stabilizing jacks, so just didn't use them.

Stopped at an overlook and took this picture.

Lots of tunnels in this area.




The windshield now has three cracks from this same rock.


We were stopped in this tunnel for about 15 minutes

But we had lots of company.

We made it out of the tunnel only to get stopped again. 
 It was a beautiful drive with no delays until just before we hit Yale, British Columbia.  Apparently a big rig had gone off the bridge to the creek below (not a real long drop).  Lots of heavy duty equipment on site, including two huge tow trucks.  Only one lane was open.  Had to feel bad for the town, traffic coming the other way was backed up all through the town.
This was our welcome into Yale, BC























have to explain more later.  I'm outside and the rain kicked up a notch & I'm getting wet.


1 comment:

Stacy said...

I did recognize the sculpture. They have one in DC too. I think Katelyn might be able to identify it (if she remembers from 8th grade). I have to say I don't believe I've ever used one though.

Glad you had an excellent trip, but also glad that you are home. We missed you.