Happy Birthday Jerry!
I was working hard on not being pissed about the Internet
not working last night. I left a
message for the owner to get a new password this morning.
He of course, didn’t leave it for us. When I got up, I saw him driving
off. He lives near (he said), and
he doesn’t spend much time on the property…just comes and goes during the
day. But he comes in the morning
to open the laundry and back at 9pm to close it.
I didn’t see his truck come in, but he was there when we
walked by the laundry on our way to church. I couldn’t even look at him. We no longer had time to do anything with it.
The Church was small and mainly filled with visitors. Apparently the cruise ships provide
most of the attendees. The priest
kept stressing we were all of a “family” of Catholics. As part of the “family meal”,
everyone planning to take communion were to put hosts from one dish to the one
he was using for Mass. He
also had everyone in the congregation introduce themselves (name & where
from), but it dawned on us later that he didn’t introduce himself other than
say he was the pastor of this church and the one in Haines.
The reader was from Florida; he did a terrific job. At communion time, he asked for a
couple ministers of the cup. He
got the volunteers and kept things moving smoothly.
We had to cross into Canada again. We enjoyed taking pictures at the boundary, although it was
only 51° and the wind made it seem colder. Shortly before we got to the Canadian border check, we found
the spot where Marcy put her feet in the snow runoff water when we all went on
the cruise. Mom definitely made
some good memories by taking us all on the cruise.
We stopped in Carcross expecting a nice visitor center and a
museum. Not at all what we
found. The parking lot was not
marked well, when I asked at the VC if it was new the lady said a couple of
years. She commented on how
confusing it was marked, but didn’t mention any effort being made to fix it. This probably ranks as the worst
visitor center on the trip to date.
I wanted to see the George Johnston Museum in Teslin, and it was to late tonight. We found a Provincial campground just west of town. It was on a beautiful lake. Very quiet, I slept well and a bit late into the morning.

No comments:
Post a Comment