Monday, June 17, 2013

June 16 - to Ninilchik on Father's Day

Happy Father's Day to all the FATHER'S.  We got a slow start out of Anchorage, chatting with the neighbors, stopping at Costco for supplies we couldn't carry on the bicycle, and topping off the tank (is that what you call it when it takes over 40 gallons?).

We stopped at several view points, but the really fun place was the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center (AWCC).  This place was GREAT!  They take injured wildlife and are running a Wood Bison breeding program to repopulate the species.



 Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center:
Caribou



Porcupine

Moose










having a good scratch
how many legs are on the ground?



Elk



Musk ox




Wood bison







Having problems with the Internet speed to load other pictures.  I'll be adding more later.  Some great bear shots and the sunset from last night.

Black bear


Brown bear (Grizzly's)










more Wood Bison


Using a back scratcher.










x

Handler holding four-month old fox.

Mosquito




Watching people fishing.



Do you know what this is?

At the campground in Ninilchik, the halibut was being cleaned.

I finally saw the moon.  It was around 12:30 am, and I had to go out and take some pictures.


Mount Redoubt (a volcano) is in the background.


Taken from Ninilchik State Park.
 I was out walking (& getting eaten by mosquitoes) between 12:30 am and 1:00 am.   It is just so incredibly beautiful that time of the morning (and you don't even need a flashlight).


3 comments:

Stacy said...

I can't believe you kept the mosquito on you long enough to take a picture. Brave people! Loved the baby pictures.

My baby is now 5'2-1/2" (grew over 4 inches from last May).

Karen R said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karen R said...

The moose poop looks like it is real stuck on the computer. ahhhhhhh. -Addisyn